1.Which Survival Trial are you competing in:
- Names of Competitor(s):
- Team Name or Solo Callsign:
- Age of Competitor(s):
Eric – 38 years
Jared – 36 years
Jared – Construction, commercial general contractor.
Eric – Manager/Planner for a poultry company.
Eric – Sarcoxie, MO
Jared – Marionville, Missouri
- Brief Description of Each Team Member: (hobbies, strengths, weaknesses, racing background, shooting background, etc…)
- Hobbies include: Spending time with my wife and two daughters, anything with a firearm, mounted shooting, kayaking, wake boarding, snowboarding, hiking etc.
- Strengths: Determination and self motivation have been my strengths.
- Weaknesses: Medical techniques and bare bones “survival” skills.
- Racing background: Four “tough mudders”, one run n gun and IDPA.
- Shooting background: shooting most of my life but engaged in real world professional training and more competitions about 4 years ago.
I have a wife and two girls ages twelve and five. We all enjoy horses.
- My hobbies include: mounted shooting, roping, ranch rodeo, farming, and wood working.
- Strengths: New challenges and learning new things.
- Weaknesses: I dislike the monotonous and mundane.
- Racing background: Nothing like this.
- Shooting background: Limited target shooting.
- Why Do You Want to Compete in the Survival Trial?
Eric – The adventure, the challenge.
Jared – I’m looking forward to this race to test myself in ways not yet proven. I have never had to test my endurance over this time period. I also need a goal (a reason) to push myself physically and mentally for this challenge.
- What Are Your Goals with the Survival Trial?
Jared – To thrive, not just survive.
Eric – Throughout the preparation: better physical conditioning and new skill sets. During the race: to compete at a level I can live with.